It was just hours ago that Redmond- based firm Microsoft released the second major update of the year for Windows 10. Specifically, we refer to the October 2020 Update that comes with some exciting news and improvements.
Therefore, users who currently have compatible equipment can install it in different ways. At the same time, some prefer to wait a few days, or weeks, until Microsoft corrects the first errors detected and expected in this type of release. We can also wait for the operating system itself to offer it to us, that is, without pressing the Search for updates button in Windows Update.
Windows 10 2020 Update arrives with some exciting news.
Also known as the 20H2, this is a new update that covers the quota of the two feature updates per year planned by the firm. Also and how could it be otherwise, this new version of the system comes with some exciting features such as a new design of the start menu or an improved experience in several sections. We already made all this news a few weeks ago.
These we have been getting to know little by little thanks to the previous versions of the Insiders of the firm. Thus, before its official launch, we already knew the news of Windows 10 October 2020 Update.
However, as is usual in this type of action by Redmond, the problems and failures have not been long in coming. Hence precisely the fears of many users and their reluctance to install updates from day one. Thus, even though the new version of the operating system has only been around for a few hours, the first problems with it have already been disclosed.
It would not be surprising if as the days passed, the number of them was increasing. This is something we are already used to, although this update is not one of the largest we have seen. To give you a rough idea of what we are talking about, below we will tell you about the bugs that are already known in the October 2020 Update.
[Also Read: How to upgrade a Windows from 32-bit to 64-bit]
Errors detected in Windows 10 October 2020 Update.
- When installing some third-party drivers with the wrong format, we may receive an error. This will indicate that Windows cannot verify the publisher of this driver or other similar messages.
- Errors or problems during or after updating the compatible equipment but with specific audio drivers from the Conexant firm.
- Computers with affected Conexant or Synaptics audio drivers may receive an error that is accompanied by a blue screen of death.
- Specific errors are encountered during or after updating devices with Conexant ISST audio drivers. Therefore, computers affected in this way could receive an error message or have problems in Windows 10 version 2004.
- Problems when using the Microsoft IME for Japanese or Chinese languages, which could detect problems in the operation of the system.
At the moment, these are the four errors that have been officially released and are already being investigated. As the days go by, we will inform you of the new bugs that will probably appear.